Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Friday, October 18, 2013

Ways Unfamiliar



I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them.
-Isaiah 42:16
 

            Here I am again. Headfirst into the unknown. Wrapped in curiosity and blinded by events unforeseen that thrust me into a new beginning. It seems like I have been in these shoes and walked this way many times before. This time, I feel helpless to do anything. This time, all I can do is throw my hands up in the air and exhale, “Surrender! I surrender to You.” It is here I have to trust that where I see spots, You see the whole of the picture.

            Life is a grand adventure yet again. Did I plan to exit out of the comfort that carried me each day? No. Did I think I’d need to once again build myself up and burrow in Your wings for strength? No. But perhaps that’s what You’re intending with all this turmoil. Maybe my eyes were straining too far into the fields to see You standing beside me, and now You’ve rearranged my attention so we can walk this road together.

            It isn’t easy feeling insecure and discombobulated. It isn’t fun heading up the mountain when starting from the bottom. There’s such a long way to go, and the trail just keeps curving. But I am walking like I always do, one small step in front of the other. And You see what I cannot. I must trust. I must believe in what I cannot see. I must make this trek with Your heart in mine.

            Because I am stumbling yet again on this gravel laced path. I am heading into ways unfamiliar and will not be overcome. I am turning to You to see Your face that will calm me and direct me. And I am waving my arms to catch Your steady grasp.


Prayer:
Lord, once again I am thrown into uncertainty. I am in a land I do not know as I make my way through the wilderness. It is unexpected and unnerving, but I have to trust that You have made this choice for me, that You have paved the way and are waiting for me to walk with You. Please help me to keep my confidence in You and take this trail before me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment