Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Friday, October 18, 2013

Today




“You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here.”
-Mark 16:6


            Today looks no different than any other. Same bare branches scraping across my window, same metallic gray and blue fusing together in the sky. Same sweet wind pushing through a thawing song. People wake, the earth sighs. Life arises to begin again.

            But inside me, I am teeming with newness. Inside me, I am seeing a day much like today. A rocky hole, birds singing, women trekking to the tomb. A blinding light, an angel flashing the news- Whom they seek is not here.

            Confusion on their faces, trembling excitement in their chest, the women flee to make sense of the scene. Wondering. Hope emitting the tiniest flecks of embers in their heart.

            Then You appear. Full fleshed, with scars on Your skin and light in Your eyes. You smile. You see the women who now recognize the prophesy come true. You watch their surprise turn to joy.

            And You turn Your face to me. Same fire ignited in Your eyes, same great grin. I touch the hands that held the nails, trace my fingers across Your side, feeling the fabric of my soul stitched in Your wounds.

            Today is a day that started like any other. But You have come alive again and stand before me, beaming with victory. My heart is rising, and my voice can be heard shouting Your name in glorious gratitude. My lover. My life. My knight that fought the battle for me and won.

            This day started like every day, but oh, how the light and triumph streaked across the sky and captured today as the day I was finally set free with His arrival.

 
Prayer:
Hallelujah! You are alive! Up from the grave, You came and conquered death so I may live. The battle won, the smile set, Your voice resounds in my head. Thank You for the gift of Your life through death, so I may be tied with you forever. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment