Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hidden Hope

 
 
For You have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord,
my confidence since my youth.
-Psalm 71:5
 
My heart trembles
with vibrations
of a hidden hope.
I have barred it
below my belief,
anchored it to my
blackest box
stored underneath
a bed of dreams.
But You see it.
You push away
the dust and reach,
cradling it between
Your gentle hands.
“Open it,” You say,
and though You
are holy and
towering above me,
I refuse.
“Open it.”
The words repeat,
softly, urgent
in my ears.
A spark, quick
and bursting,
catches under my skin.
Something calls.
With shaking fingers,
I transfer the treasure
between us.
 
Prayer:
Lord, You know my hidden hopes, the deepest dreams that dwell within me. You know how much I long for them to see the light. You remember my hopes. You see my dreams and wish to breathe into them. Help me to live for you, to align my heart to Yours and let it beat in time with all You have in store for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment