Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Radiant



When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord.
-Exodus 34:29

 

What I wouldn’t give
to have my face radiant
because I’ve been
talking to You!
To be in such close
communication,
to hear Your voice,
the blending timbres
breathed upon my face,
to feel Your heart strings
vibrating in my soul.
And as I descend
from the mountain
the people all around
me hover in awe,
for they have never seen
a light so gloriously
upon me, pouring out
through my pores,
and their deductions
that I am touched
by You, that You
have spoken and
shattered all that
divided us.
“Surely this one
has been with the Lord,”
they’d cry.
And Your hand
would reach out
to their aching hearts,
lead them up to
where You wait and
reveal Yourself
in an exuberant
display of glory.
When they return,
our robes would match
and all our eyes
would roam the dazzling
white light bouncing
from face to face,
and I would respond,
“You, too, have been
with God, and it is good.”

 
Prayer:
Lord, how I long to see Your face. How I long to be filled with Your radiance and stand as an example of Your glory glowing through my life. May I be drawn to You so people see my heart and long to know the lightness in their own. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment