Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, December 29, 2012

When You Loved





See how I love Your precepts;
Preserve my life, Lord, in accordance with Your love.
-Psalm 119:159
 
 

When You laughed, the sky scattered into a thousand pieces, arranging themselves at the shore of Your smile.

            When You spoke, the trees of the earth jumped for joy and strained to hear Your voice through their leaves.

            When You loved, the oceans couldn’t soak up enough of Your heart.

            When You touched the untouchables, searing their skin with Your soul, the crowds gasped, but the lepers leapt with jovial transformation.

            When You prayed, the gates of Heaven swung wide and welcomed in Your words.

            When You believed, there wasn’t a single person who didn’t see the fruition of Your faith.

            When You bled, a crimson current rushed to the realm of humanity and resurfaced as our saving grace.

            When You arose, Your glory shined like no eye had ever seen, no electric jolt so full of life and luster.

            When You turned to me and whispered, “My love, this is for you,” no greater joy could be found than in my blooming heart.

 

Prayer:

Lord, how You love me! How You set the heavens in their place and picked me for Your family. I am warmed by Your words, delighted by Your deeds. You came so far to set me free. Let me fall into Your love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment