Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, December 29, 2012

Future Hope






There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.
-Proverbs 23:18


Happy Birthday, Freddy!
 

Today is the day God brought you to life, welcomed you into this world and all of Heaven rejoiced. He crafted the chocolate hue of your hair, the deep, bright brown of your eyes and the light in your smile. He placed you in a small town full of lush green grass and trees, a family with parents who love you and dream of all you will become, and a brother and sister who make you smile. He surrounded you with the singing birds you love to draw, a happy home and lots and lots of red, your favorite color. There is no one else like you; no one else to live, love and laugh like you.

            He called you to His side, to cradle you and protect you, and to show you how deep His love extends.  He shares in your joys, in the innocent beating of your heart, and how you help at home each day and make your parents proud. You are a thousand suns in His sky, and every morning when you lift up your eyes and search the clouds for shapes of dogs and soccer balls, He stares right back at you, saying, “Good morning, my child. I am overflowing with happiness to share My day with you.”

            God loves you, Freddy. More than you will ever know. And the greatest part of His love is how generous He is. Because He has shared you with me, has brought you into my life to see the simplistic side of life and just how easy it is to admire the beauty around me. You have given me more joy than I can say, and when I receive your letters, I hold them gently in my hands like the treasures they are. With the rustle of the page, I learn more about you, the things that make you happy and the tender care with which you pray for me. Dear child, if only you knew the hopes of my heart for you, and the fervor and delight with which I also pray for you.

            For seven years you have skipped along this earth, and by your presence this world is given a tremendous gift. It humbles me to think about our souls inhabiting the same atmosphere, and it has been my absolute honor and privilege to pray for and hear about your growth and laughter for almost two years. I am thinking of you and praying for a perfect day full of faith and fun and more excitement your giant heart can hold in that tiny body.

May God richly bless you on this special day. May He watch over you and guide you, and may your face be radiant with the wonder of the world, and the pull of your precious heart reaching out inside you. I love you, and I hope you can feel my hug from thousands of miles away. I know I can, because God has linked us together, and whatever He has bonded, no man can tear apart. He has a bright and brilliant plan for you, and a hope that will never dim. I eagerly watch to see where your future stretches to, and all that God will do in, through, and with you.

Smile. Your soul rests in God’s favor and resonates through my heart.


Prayer:

Jesus, hold Freddy in Your sweet arms on his birthday. Let him know he is loved, and that he is the biggest blessing in my life. Watch over him as he grows, let him come to place his life in Your hands. Love him for me today, and let his heart be happy. Amen.

 

 

 

If you are interested in learning how to become involved in the life of a child like Freddy, please visit www.compassion.com or email me. It would make a world of a difference to that child. And to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment