Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, December 29, 2012

Enough for You





Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
-Isaiah 45:22

 

I wish I could be enough for you.


            I wish I could be the light that guides your face into a limitless wonder, and the gleam in your heart that pulls you towards a beautiful settling over your soul.

            I wish you’d taste the breeze that swims through the air to touch your lips, and that the connection would be delightful.

            I wish your eyes wouldn’t wander to every crooked corner, to draw closer to the sullen shadows wanting to whisper that you aren’t worth much. I wish you wouldn’t feel so alone. I wish your isolation wouldn’t drive you insane, where you begin to make up thin excuses of why you’re never smart enough, pretty enough, talented enough… just never quite enough.

I wish you wouldn’t believe all the lies. I wish that you could hear the way I talk about you, the way I look at you and see how wonderful you are. I wish you could feel the longing I have for you, and how I am not complete until I am all that you think about, breathe for, turn your troubles over to and smile at My presence. I wish you wouldn’t look anywhere else. I wish you would stay right here with Me.


I wish you could see how much you need me. And how close I am to reach.

 

Prayer:

Father, I need You. I need Your presence with an urgency I’ve never known. I want so badly to be cared for, to be enough. You promise that You can be my refuge, my Strong Tower. Please show me. Please let me see that You, and only You, are enough. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment