Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Monday, May 27, 2013

Stolen




You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.

-Song of Songs 4:9


            I cannot breathe.

            Your beauty stops My lungs and takes away the air expelled from My lips. Those eyes- so delicate, so tender. A thousand gardens bloom inside your irises.

            That smile- innocent and luminescent. The richest pearls cannot compare to the glow that grows upon your grin.

            I hear your laugh and I am taken to a place of magic and wonder, the sweetest symphony striking up in the chambers of My heart.

            Your hands- you don’t think they look like much, but oh, Love, all that they can do! Tending to a hurting child, patching up a pair of pants and extending towards a lonely soul. Their movements mesmerize Me.

            It isn’t just the outside that gets Me- you radiate from within. The generosity with which you give to others gives cause for Me to shout how much I love you. Your sympathetic soul stretches to the lonely, and as they cry, you shed a few of yours to mingle mercifully alongside their sorrow.

            Your frustrations- I’ll take them, because I know you’re working on being better on controlling your temper and dealing with the roadblocks along your path.

            Your fearful heart that trembles touches My compassion and I long for you to let Me hold you until it subsides.

In your concentration when you wonder if anybody cares at all, I’ll sit beside you and trace the curves of your face, lingering on each line until you understand the depths of My devotion.

            I want you in the sunrise, when you’re waking in the unfolding moments where everything you dream will wake with you. I want you underneath a canopy of stars, curling into their shine and gleaming with a crown of cosmos wound through your hair.

            I have never seen another like you, the way you walk, the soft pronunciation of your speech, the way you see the world through those porcelain eyes. I am taken by your temperament and hooked upon your heart.

            My Jewel, you are swift to steal My heart and hold it ransom for My affection. But you needn’t keep such a close hold, for it was yours long before you snatched it from My grasp. It was always yours to have, to take, to relish. For I have cherished you before your eyes swept open to the beauty of your essence. I have stolen you away from the world and readied you for My own.

 

Prayer:

My Love, how You long for my attention and shower me with Your pursuit. You loved me long before I could even understand what that means. Let my affection be deserving of Your praise, and may I see all the reasons that I am captivated by You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment