Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Monday, May 27, 2013

Quiet Christmas




While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.
-Luke 2:6-7


I need a quiet Christmas.
A silent night, tucked away
into the softly falling folds of snow.
I need a tender beating heart,
one that knows the light of love,
that carols with angels
the joyous arrival of my King.
May my mind retrace the sacred steps
that led a man an wife
to their shelter in late hours.
Kneel me down at the foot of a trough,
where a small, sleeping boy
inhales his first breaths of earth.
Let me praise him,
let me sing a lullaby to soothe
his slumber,
let his heart be full of
the joyous tidings
his arrival brings.
May my soul surrender
to the sweetness of
this silent night.

 
Prayer:
Quiet my heart, Father. I am all over the place and need to slow down and savor this season. It is Yours, and in it You have given us the greatest gift- Your Son. Help me to remember that silent night that began to save us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment