Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, April 20, 2013

Light of Your Face





It was Your right hand, Your arm,
and the light of Your face, for You
loved them.
-Psalm 44:3

Your light,
O Lord,
has shined
its beam
upon me.
Your heart
has beat
with mine.
You extended
Your right hand
and I have
grasped it
in my own.
Your face
radiated
through the
depths of night
to find my
searching eyes.
Your beauty
has taken
my breath
from my lungs,
my heart
thunders to
rip from
its cage.
For You
loved me,
o Lord,
when I
was unlovable,
You reached
for me
when I
pulled away.
But You
would not
let me go.
Not then.
Not now.
You are
illuminated
by love.
I am blinded
by its brilliance
and taken
by its torch.

 

Prayer:
Thank You, Lord, that You search for me, and that You come for me with a fierceness that is fueled by Your love. Thank You that my heart stirs for You, and that I can hold securely to Your light. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment