Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, April 20, 2013

Best for Me




I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
-Ephesians 3:16-17


Have I been content to live in limbo? To be certain of uncertainty and sleep in a sterile sty, chatting with cattle, mixing mud between my toes? Have I settled for second? Have I decided to hide my hope and disguise my dreams? Have I not taken You at Your word when You tell me my rags have been made riches and my seat is at Your throne?

My desire for others to see You has been snuffed by my disbelief, my doubt that Your delight could radiate in my heart. You are the Maker of magnificent; sunlight should rise and set in my soul.

Let me love You. Let my mind recall the promise You have planted deep within me, the harvest of hope that grows each hour and spreads through Your Spirit. Soften me, so I may dwell on the future You’ve prepared for me. One that is sweet and splendid and beyond all the beauty of this earth. Shape my eyes to see my bounty and revel in Your grace. Help me to marvel at Your majesty, bow before my blessing and believe in Your best for me. For the best is yet to come, and I can’t wait for what You will bring.

There is an explosion in my heart that brims and bursts with the fragrance of Your name, that lifts to my lips and tumbles forth from my tongue. Show me what I’m hoping for, so I may taste the truth in Your goodness.


Prayer:
Father, once again I have dipped my head down to see the cracks of life. I have forgotten to focus on Your grace and the gladness that comes from Your presence. Help me to see the spectacular around me, to remember that I am Your child, an heir to eternity. Help me believe the best is possible, and that You long for me to find it. Because of Your Son, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment