Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Friday, November 2, 2012

The Lord's Prayer



This, then, is how you should pray…
-Matthew 6:9


My holy, precious Father,

Your name is majestic, sacred, wrapped in love. May it always be revered. Bring Your kingdom to this earth, to my life, and let me live according to Your good and perfect will. What You want me to say, let my lips be light and flow forth encouragement. Where You want me to go, let my steps be quick and firm and follow your footsteps fearlessly. Let Your light shine from within me.

            You are faithful, providing for my every need. You gather seeds from my barren fields and turn them to lush and filling food for my soul. I turn to You in trust that You will see to me today.

            My sins are many. Some I’m too ashamed to share with another living soul. But You know my deepest regrets and each offense I’ve committed against You, and in Your infinite grace, You wipe them from my slate and set me free. I am forever grateful. May I show the same forgiveness to those who wrong me, for those hurting souls who lash out as a desperate cry.

            I am weak. My spirit is willing but my flesh consumes me. Temptations surround me, some blatant, some so subtle I do not realize the pool of poison I am wading into until I am neck high with no way out. Hold Your saving hand out to me, that I may grasp it and escape my snares.

            To Your power and righteousness I pledge my heart, that I may dwell in Your everlasting kingdom. You, my King, and only You, deserve honor and praise, and to Your great dominion I cry out my allegiance. You are the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the One who rules forever and ever.

            Come, Lord, and reign in me. Let Your mercy stretch wide through my heart.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment