Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Friday, November 2, 2012

Send Me




Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here I am. Send me!”
-Isaiah 6:8


My hands hover
halfway in the air,
swelling the blood in my limbs.
I have attempted to sort through
signals and sounds scratching
in my head, crowding my conscious.
I have said I want Your will,
want to do Your will,
but on whose terms?
I claim to taste Your calling,
but I am warm in my bed
without a reason to release
myself from the comfort
wrapped over me.
You say to deny ourselves,
and I admit I cannot deny
this pulsing inside me,
steady, picking up speed.
You move in me,
twisting open doors
I’ve bolted in place.
For they are not my chambers
but Yours.
When You speak I want to listen.
Where You point I will follow.
My heart is hooked to the
back of Your caravan.
Here am I.
Send me.


Prayer:
Father, You have called me to do Your work. I am eager, but need Your strength to move forward. Yet here I stand, ready and willing. Send me. Work through me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment