Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nothing Else To Give



My soul faints with longing for Your salvation, but I have put my hope in Your word.
Psalm 119:81


I have nothing else to give.
I am drained, I am harvested,
I am the remnants of a fading field.
All I have prayed and hoped
and dreamed to be have
fled and folded in tight crevices,
cradled compartments in which
I hold my illusions and gain silence
that forever calls my name.
I am holding strong on empty.
I am forgetting You have more,
implore more for my being.
But what can I do,
in my meek and minor moments?
Timid I was born to be
and timid shall I stay.
Hold me close,
breathe a reminder upon my lips
that You have seen my
darkest shadows,
my deepest dwellings caked with doubt,
but that You can lift my broken pieces
and take them to the heights
that they were meant to see,
the light they were meant to feel.
Let Your dawn unfurl inside me,
let it fill my frenzied nights
and finally find my purpose.

Prayer:
Lord, I have nothing more to give to you in my weakest and faintest moments. With my last strength, all I ask is that I seek Your face and You fill me with Your light and direction. Continue to guide me, Father, as I am stumbling along the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment