Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Sunday, May 29, 2011

His Heart Weeps With Mine




Jesus wept. Then the Jews said, “See how He loved him!”
-John 11:35-36



I am alone in my home and heart. Years of hurt and humiliation enter unannounced, uninvited. They attack me, and I am unprepared. I am tried. I am tired. I am falling. Insecurities wrap around my heart and squeeze, collecting my delicate hopes to send them spiraling to the ground, one by one. With them fall drops of tears, taking their time to skid down my skin. In the darkness of my fear, I am swimming in sorrow.

But there are other tears mingling with mine. They are sweeter, softer, they overshadow my own. Against my cheek, He rests His face. My pains, my deepest depravations that burn within dwell in His heart, too. Gently, He pries the broken pieces from my clutching fingers and fastens them to His pierced palms. And in that transaction, I cry no more. My eyes dry like daisies in the sunlight after a summer storm, my soul drains of doubt and fills with firelight. I am loved. He calls me beautiful. And I believe.

Our Lord weeps when we do, but He also turns our tears to triumphs.


Prayer:
Thank You for being with me, through the ups and downs, the tears and the triumphs. No matter where I am or how I am feeling, You are right there with me, wrapping Your secure arms around me in comfort. May I always come to You when I am feeling alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment