Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crash Over Me




I wait for the Lord,
My soul does wait,
And in His word
Do I hope.
-Psalm 130:5
 

I am eager to hear from You,
to hear the rumbling of Your voice
as it crashes over me
I wait for Your direction,
to tell me where to go,
who to love,
what to do with all
You have lain present
inside me.
I want to make You proud,
yet I fear I am too timid
to cast a ripple on the water.
You are the ocean
through my tide,
You press into me with cool,
wet hands.
I stand with Your love
lapping at my ankles,
and in the gulp of waves to shore
I hear You whisper,
telling me to rise
with Your water sprayed wind.


Prayer:
Splash me with Your love, spray me with Your truth and saturate me with the healing waters of Your love. For I am static on the shoreline and watching for Your waves to come crashing in. Find me and fill me, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment