Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, June 23, 2012

Into the Fire



If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it.
-Daniel 3:17

It is a leap of faith
to step into the fire.
Whether or not
God keeps you from singeing,
you place your cards down
on the table and expect Him
to pull the upper hand.
You do not know
how fast the flames may rise,
how eager they will be
to taste your skin,
but no sense is stronger than
sight of the Refiner’s fire,
shaving off your stubborn edges
and smoothing your certainty
into an image that mirrors
His own.


Prayer:
Lord, You are with me. I don’t know where I am going, but I know You are taking me there. Thank You for leading me, for proving my worth and holding onto every card I play. My heart has nothing to fall into but You; keep me steady in Your grasp. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment