Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Monday, June 27, 2011

I Vow




As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.
-Isaiah 62:5



I vow…
To dance with you in the rain.
To wake with you each morning and watch you sleep each night.
To guard your heart and armor it with My own.
To cherish you, completely.
To never cause your diamond eyes to lose their sparkle.
To see your peculiarities and find them fascinating.
To make you laugh and never cry. But if tears should shed on account of someone else, I promise to take each teardrop and toss them high into the sky, where they can dissipate into the atmosphere.

I vow…
To shower you with song.
To hold your heart up when it wants to collapse.
To let you know how beautiful you are, especially when you don’t believe this truth.
To tell you it will be alright, because, in the end, it will.
To be aware of all the things that make you smile, like tulips and the smell of coffee, and place them in your path to make an ordinary day special.
To paint the night in cosmic patterns at your request.
To lay down My life for you.

I vow…
To never rest until you are nestled securely in My arms.


Prayer:
Thank You for Your all consuming love. Thank You that you love me deeply and intimately, as no other has loved me before. I want to accept this love, believe it and soak it sweetly in my heart. Let me love you back wholeheartedly. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment