Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hand Made




Your hands shaped me and made me. –Job 10:8


Before your lungs exhaled their first peals of life, I was here. Before you were even a joyous welcome announcement to your family, I knew you would be around. I created you with just the right colors in your soft hair, the curve of your smile, the dance in your eyes. I never intended for the creases in your brow, the downcast shading of your eyelids, the slump in your posture.

Darling, I created you in My image. And I saw that it was good. My hands reached into your heart and cradled your soul. I massaged the chambers into life, to pump a lifesong throughout your body. To move your feet to find the doorstep of a friend in need. To mold your hands and entwine them through the fingers of another, to breathe My air into their veins. My Dear, you are divinely created. Divinely set apart to stand straight and brim with My beauty. When the earth formed by My voice, I had your face already plastered in My mind. I made this world knowing one day I would bring you into it. To watch you smile at a stranger and to dream with delicate hope. It pains Me when you don’t see your value.

My Beautiful One, I love you. With a consuming fire. Feel it. Feel the flames lick your skin, sear your soul. With an avalanche of affection coursing through you. Don’t try to outrun this landslide. Let it overtake you, let My words bury you in truth, let My gaze course over you like rainfall in the dry season. Fix your eyes on Me. Fix your worth on who you are in My presence. Because, Beloved, I am captivated with my creation. I am captivated by YOU.


Prayer:
Creator, I cannot begin to understand the depths of Your love for me. But as deep as I love my family and my friends, You love me a thousand times more. Help me to realize this, Lord. Help me realize that You are relentless in Your pursuit of my affection. Please let Your love crash over me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment