Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Sunday, April 3, 2011

Enthralled





The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for He is your Lord.
-Psalm 45:11



You wonder who you are, burning a hole in the mirror with your eyes in assessment, trying to bring all your faults to the surface. You should have known better, you think, noting the slight droop of your chin and chip in your stare. Should have known to keep your head held down when you stumbled upon them in the park, shouldn’t have lifted your eyes to see the way they laughed in the lilacs, the way his eyes glinted off her face.

You rub your hands against your stomach, as if your palm was a magic wand that could smooth away the wrinkles and flatten your middle like an iron. Maybe you just weren’t meant to be noticed.

Oh, but my darling, you are! You are meant to be exposed in such a light, by such a Man. Someone who sees the way you press on when you don’t have the energy to move, Who sees you, sweet to your coworkers and the old woman across the street, how your crystal eyes swell with hope each day they lift open to the world. You are admired, you are smiled upon with every beat of your heart.

See this, precious one. Shine your light into the dark, rest in the arms of your Knight who has come to save you. For you are His princess, His sparkling treasure in His kingdom. He sees your reflection and is taken by your beauty.


Prayer:
Lord, You see me. Every crack, every spot that I see blemished, You find it perfect. You are captivated by me, and I bask in the glow You cast on me. Thank You for taking me as Your own. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment