Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Monday, April 4, 2011

Consuming Fire




For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
-Deuteronomy 4:24



I want you.

All of you. Not just an arm or an eye; every limb, every artery, every sinew tying you together. I want your hair, the way it falls across your face, the way you push it back, the strands that have fallen to the floor from chemo. I want you dressed up for the occasion, dressed down just lounging. Your skin- I want that, too. Wrinkles and all. The lines beneath your eyes from being up all night caring for your children? I find them fascinating.

I want you on your sunny days, when the light of your smile carries for miles. I want you in the rain, shoulders sagging, wondering what more on this earth you could possibly do. Brimming to the top with life or running on empty and working with every fiber in your being to stay afloat- I want your heart crying out to Me. I want you clinging to Me like I’m the only life vest and your boat is sinking.

Your excitement- I want it framed on My mantle. Your frustration- I want it bottled so I can throw it into the sea and never have it touch you again. Any doubt you carry? Give it to Me. I’ll turn it to definite.

I want your mood swings, your discomfort, your deepest disbeliefs. I want to be the song you sing along to on the radio in the middle of the afternoon, the inside joke with your best friend and your favorite flavor of ice cream.

I want your eyes on Me, shining, sparkling with love. Because frankly, I am jealous. I don’t want to share you with another. No other person, no other thought, no other object. I want you heart, body and soul. And I want it all right now.

I gave My Son’s life for you. I poured out my passion for you to feel. I don’t want you to skate through this life on half promises and wonder what’s missing. I want you to look to Me in every star, every breath, every beat of your pining heart because I know that you’ll find yourself overflowing with My love if you allow Me to consume you like you consume My thoughts. Your name is on My lips; taste and see that Mine sounds as sweet flowing from yours.


Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank You for being the lover of my soul. Thank You for wanting me, wanting all of me with no distraction. Thank You that I am always on Your mind, and help me to continuously place You on mine. I want You to be fully consumed by my thoughts, words and deeds. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment