Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Saturday, August 24, 2013

Not to Me



Not to us, o Lord, not to us
but to Your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness.
-Psalm 115:1

 
Wipe the me from my heart,
erase the selfish thoughts
hidden away in the
secret of my soul.
For no matter what I do,
what I say, it is Your word
that guides me,
not my own.
Your star that burns
in the morning sky.
Your voice that resounds
through the ages.
Not to me, Lord,
not to me,
but to You be all the
sweet and holy glory.
You have called me
from darkness into the
blinking light of Your love,
to proclaim to all
who honor belongs to.

Prayer:
Lord, turn my eyes to You. Let my focus be on what You would say or see or do, and let it be more of You that others see, instead of me. Help me in my failings, and grow me in Your grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment