Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Monday, November 28, 2011

The Blue Hour





For God does speak—now one way, now another—though man may not perceive it.
-Job 33:14



A sapphire sky. Diamond blue, sprinkled upon the ribbons of the water. Lifting weightless to the sky, deep, framed photos shimmer in cosmic arrangement. Suspended silence, a whisper of belief slips through the shadows. A quietness only I can hear.

A body of water. Silken layers stretch across the shore, wrapping waves in a wreath of reassurance. Beneath the tide, my heart rolls along, swaying to the calling currents that bathe me, catching the warm spots that pull me through this stream.

A glow. Resting in the atmosphere, this dew-soaked sprite sprinkles upon me. That beam, that halo, that glimmering, grasping guide- showing me its luminosity. Showing me its sheen. And certain. Always certain of its course.

I am its magnet. Drawn by a natural necessity that lifts my lungs like I am not to leave without it. Its brilliance binds me. I cannot slow its purposeful gaze. My spirit shakes, stricken with the helplessness to hide what I have hoped.

My footing falters. I step away. But the rising reality steps towards me. Patiently playing my game of hide and seek in shadows. It casts an austere aura across my face. I feel the softness before I am aware that I am moving towards it. My curious eyes draw up to let the starshine entwine into me, delicately, deliberately, with milky smooth strength. A steady, soothing shore below the edifice of my euphoria gathers the life that laps its waters. And in rivers whose mouths open to a cerulean sea, the secrets of all that has been forming from dawn’s first breath ebb and surge assuredly down my cobalt coast.


Prayer:
You make Yourself known in the silence of the moment. When all is still, and there is nothing but the waves of wonder and steady beat of Your heart surrounding my soul, You speak, I listen. I am no longer pulling away from the flow. Please let this river wash over me and send me certainly to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment