Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and follow Me.

-Song of Songs 2:10














Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pierced




But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
-Isaiah 53:5



I had plans.
They were my own.
A fistful of fairy dust
that would carry me
off to Neverland.
You saw the empty breaths
I took to give them life.
They were never deep enough.

So You became my
second star, twinkling
across the cosmos.
Stepped from Your throne,
trod the mud streaked streets
to Calvary.
Bled the nails that
cursed your skin,
covered my stain.
Black velvet colored
a mourning sky;
gasping pleas
fell from grasping lips
to forgive my thoughts
and all You knew
would pierce my heart,
which struck Your soul instead.
The wails echoed against
stifling silence,
a silver blade slid from
the soldier’s belt
through your side,
and in flawless surrender
Your scarlet river
rushed through me.

You are in my veins.
Everything has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment